CC Willow art store

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dismissing the Mid-Summer Dream


Dismissing the Mid-Summer Dream

 

You encapsulated me in your fantasies
            And I … I would not dispel them. 

You allowed your heart to be seduced
            By my softness, my yielding,
            My willingness to enjoy the moment. 

You delighting in my somnambulant eyes,
            The moistness of my lips,
            The way my nipple puckered against your tongue. 

You’ve taken our movements;
            Added import & drama to our words
            And elevated them to a set stage.

You … drunk on being in love …
            Did not notice that
            I was just along for the ride. 

You were the bird I held lightly so,
            And wanted to be held by;
            A pet, nothing more. 

But a quick-silvered, winged creature –
            I would not be held onto.

I was eluding fantasies of my own making.
 

                        Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment