CC Willow art store

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cancelled Season


Cancelled Season

 

I know I should be ashamed of myself;
                           I picked “Joey” up at a Laundromat.
Oh, I know I should remember his name …
                           Whatever it is …
But he stood there looking so young and Italian,
                           An actor besides …
The resemblance was uncanny
                           To the character!
And I thought I could use
                           A “Friend” like him. 

I admit it was shallow of me,
                           Going for a face with no apparent mind.
And, really, I didn’t feel the need
                           For intriguing conversation.
I was thinking of a season
                           Not a long-term contract.
A handsome face to look at in the evening;
                           A young stud “in the sack”. 

A shame, since he thought so slow,
                           That I dismissed his thinking entirely;
Did not see his enthusiasm for me
                           Spin off to something more
Until too late, until it was clear he thought
                           Us more than friends, thought I was his. 

I’m sorry, “Joey”. It’s a shame, really,
                           But I must cancel our season.
I’m looking for entertainment
                           Not a commitment. 

Shallow; I should remember that a man
                           Is so much more than just a pretty face.
 

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment